CALL US TODAY603-524-4889
SEND A TEXT603-393-3331

Do You Have a Surprise Lurking in Your Attic?

Along with Grandma’s trunk, your old high school yearbook, and boxes you haven’t even opened from your last move, your attic may just have a secret it’s hiding from you.

Most people never think about how devastating a mold problem can be until they make a surprise discover by pulling up some insulation in the attic, or have a family member that comes down with a respiratory issue without an apparent cause.

When it comes to mold – any mold can be a serious problem that your basement or attic is hiding from you, doing quick damage and causing health related issues that just won’t go away on its own.

Most people first notice signs of mold in commonly moist areas, such as bathroom ceilings or walls surrounding the tub and shower.  However, the attic is often a place where you might least expect to find this problem.  Many times, the problem is discovered during a home inspection that is required during the sale of a home.   The most common reason attics have mold issues is due to little or no ventilation. But, mold can also appear in other areas of the home that are particularly warm, humid and damp. Black mold is easy to spot, as it is clearly “black”, whereas most other molds are green or gray in color.  Some molds can be very toxic and can cause an array of allergic reactions and health problems.  Fatigue, headaches, irritation of the eyes, perhaps a rash or chronic coughing can be a sign of this quiet problem in your home.

Many times you will detect mold by following your nose. If you ever go into a room and notice an earthy or musty smell, don’t ignore it.  Be a detective and try to locate the source of this smell.  Molds need water and a dark stagnant environment with temperatures that neither freeze nor boil.  That’s why mold loves your basement or attic.  If you suspect that you have a mold problem, don’t put off an inspection from an experienced mold remediation specialist.  The longer you wait, the more damage it will do, and the more costly the repair. Be sure you hire a team of professionals that understand mold, as the treatment of this problem is more than just a simple cleaning.

Can’t I just use some bleach to clean mold?  Bleach is not the answer for many mold issues as it loses effectiveness over time.  It does not kill mold on porous surfaces and actually contribute to mold growth.  Bleach is toxic and can be harmful to humans and pets.  When it comes to mold, there is no simple answer.  Eliminating the mold and solving the problem that created the problem in the first place is part of the solution to keep your home safe and sound.


Contact Us

For emergency service 24/7, please call 603-524-4889.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.